re- + wire
rewire (third-person singular simple present rewires, present participle rewiring, simple past and past participle rewired)
- To replace or reconnect the wires of a device or installation.
- I had to rewire the circuit where the old wires had shorted out.
- The electrician said that we couldn't add a new outlet without rewiring.
- To change the functionality of something by altering the parameters or logic.
- When our companies merged, I rewired our payment processing system to handle their invoices as well.