Jump to navigation Jump to search
From functional + -ity.
Audio (US) (file)
functionality (countable and uncountable, plural functionalities)
- (uncountable) The ability to do a task, performance, or execution; a set of functions that something is able or equipped to perform.
- (US, law, uncountable) In United States trademark law, the tendency of a product design to serve a function other than identification of the product, preventing that design from being protected as a trademark.
- (organic chemistry, countable) The presence of a functional group.
- 2012, Walter Noll, Chemistry and Technology of Silicones, page 25:
- To appreciate the tasks and problems arising in the synthesis of the monomers it is of fundamental importance to understand that the process used must be capable of yielding organosilanes with different functionalities, since all functionalities are required for synthesis of silicones.
the presence of a functional group