re- + work.
rework (countable and uncountable, plural reworks)
- The act of redoing, correcting, or rebuilding.
- They sent the assembly back to the shop for rework.
- (in particular, food manufacturing) Taking unsaleable food and using it in the manufacture of other food.
- Something redone, corrected or rebuilt.
- They received the rework back from the shop.
- Work done to correct defects associated with a deliverable product, plus any root cause analysis effort to identify the task(s) to be re-performed.
- The schedule has been pushed back because of the rework.
- (countable) An instance of reworking.
rework (third-person singular simple present reworks, present participle reworking, simple past and past participle reworked or (rare) rewrought)
- To redo, correct, or rebuild.
- You'll have to rework the crank assembly to incorporate the changes.