Jump to navigation Jump to search
to build again
rebuild (plural rebuilds)
- A process or result of rebuilding.
- 2000, John Christgau, Sierra Sue II: The Story of a P-51 Mustang, page 138:
- Doc's spirits lifted at the suggestion that Cochrane was already thinking about painting the finished rebuild.
- 2000, Spencer Yost, How to Rebuild and Restore Farm Tractor Engines (page 100)
- The cost of the rebuild can quickly escalate with significant crankshaft and bearing work, and some folks allow the cost to keep them from doing the work, even when it is warranted.
- 2009, Tony Huntimer, How to Rebuild the Big-Block Chevrolet (page 5)
- Torque Fasteners — Illustrates a fastener that must be properly tightened with a torque wrench at this point in the rebuild.
- 2012, Ronald Utt, Ships of Oak, Guns of Iron: The War of 1812 and the Forging of the American Navy
- Lovingly restored and exquisitely maintained, the great frigate is docked at Boston and open to the public. She is still in commission and crewed by members of the U.S. Navy. After a number of rebuilds and modifications, the frigate Constellation is now anchored in Baltimore Harbor as a museum.