Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɪl.də/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈbɪl.dɚ/, [ˈbɪɫ.ɾɚ]
- Rhymes: -ɪldə(r)
builder (plural builders)
- A person who builds or constructs things.
- (trade) Master artisan, who receives his instructions from the architect, and employs workers.
- (rare, bodybuilding) A bodybuilder.
- 1991, Samuel Wilson Fussell, chapter 4, in Muscle: Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder:
- In the competitions, bodybuilders go through "mandatories"—a set of mandatory poses—in the morning, where the judges compare the body parts of the builders.
- (a person who builds or constructs things): constructor
a person who builds or constructs things
a bodybuilder — see bodybuilder