Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
reboot (plural reboots)
- (computing) An instance of rebooting.
- (narratology) The restarting of a series storyline that discards all previous continuity.
instance of rebooting
- (computing) To cause a computer to execute its boot process, effectively resetting the computer and causing the operating system to reload, especially after a system or power failure
- (narratology) To discard all previous continuity in a series and restart the series.
- (video games) To restart a (computer or video game) from the beginning.
- Restart; Begin again with a fresh start.
2013 May 21, Dan Schawbel, “Mitch Joel: How To Reboot Your Business And Your Life”, in Forbes:
- What are the first steps to rebooting your business?
to restart a system
reboot m (plural reboots)
- (computing) reboot (instance of rebooting)
reboot m (uncountable)
- reboot (instance of rebooting)