Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or pertaining to rivers, or located on or by a river
- 2004, Don Moll, The Ecology, Exploitation and Conservation of River Turtles, page 46:
- It is perhaps instructive to note that tropical riverine batagurids, although more similar to other river-dwelling lineages in reproductive patterns than to other semi-aquatic and terrestrial batagurids, still tend to have lower fecundities and bigger eggs relative to their body sizes than do the other groups (e.g., riverine emydids, trionychids, and podocnemids) (Moll & Moll, 1990).
- 2017: We don’t need to save endangered species. Extinction is part of evolution" by R. Alexander Pyron in the Washington Post
- When beavers make a dam, they cause the local extinction of numerous riverine species that cannot survive in the new lake.