Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɹəʊzəˌmɑːld/, /-sə-/, /-ˌmɔːld/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɹoʊzəˌmɑld/
- Hyphenation: ros‧e‧maled
- (US) Adorned with rosemaling.
- 2006, Philip Nusbaum, “Rosemaling”, in Richard Sisson, Christian Zacher, and Andrew [R. L.] Cayton, editors, The American Midwest: An Interpretive Encyclopedia, Bloomington, Ind.: Indiana University Press, →ISBN, page 410:
- Rosemaled Amerika trunks and other items have been prominently displayed in Norwegian American homes in the upper Midwest since frontier days. Early in the twenty-first century, in Norwegian areas of the Midwest, one also sees rosemaling in public settings such as stores and churches.