Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
roustabout (plural roustabouts)
- (chiefly US) an unskilled laborer, especially at an oilfield, at a circus or on a ship, 19th c.
- 1961, Homer, Odyssey, translated by Robert Fitzgerald, New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux, Book Eleven, 668-9,
- Then Sísiphos in torment I beheld / being roustabout to a tremendous boulder.
- 1974, Saul Bellow, "Him with His Foot in His Mouth" in Collected Stories, Penguin, 2001, p. 377,
- Brooklyn Tony, who had run away from home to be a circus roustabout, became a poster artist and eventually an Abstract Expressionist.
- 2013, Celeste Headlee, NPR, 7 January, 2013, 
- She works in McGregor, North Dakota as a roustabout pusher. That means she and her crew help fix and maintain the drilling sites.
- See also quotations under rouseabout.