- Causing ruin; destructive, calamitous
- Extremely costly; so expensive as to cause financial ruin.
- They were forced to completely replace the roof at ruinous expense.
- Characterized by ruin; ruined; dilapidated; as, an edifice, bridge, or wall in a ruinous state.
- (characterized by ruin): See Thesaurus:ramshackle
- ruinous in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- ruinous in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- ruinous at OneLook Dictionary Search