Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To inform someone briefly of the main points of an idea; to bring an idea or proposal to the attention of someone (especially in order to obtain their opinion of it).
- Let me run that idea by the board before we spend too much time on it.
- I would like to hear your opinion on this. Have you got a few minutes, so I can run some ideas by you?
- Can you just run those numbers by me again, please? To make sure I've got them clear.
- To briefly stop at a location for a particular purpose.
- Can you run by the store for milk?