Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To reach a particular maximum amount, size, value, etc.
- The official report runs to several thousand pages in 12 volumes.
- The repairs ran to 1,200 Euros.
- (idiomatic) To reach the limit of one's abilities or tastes.
- My musical tastes don't run to Wagner, I'm afraid.
- I don't think my carpentry runs to making a window.
- To go to a responsible person or authority figure for support; to require another to support oneself.
- She's getting a little old to run to her mother every time she gets in a fight with her friends.