- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈskætɚd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈskætəd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: scat‧tered
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Randomly distributed.
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 12, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- There were many wooden chairs for the bulk of his visitors, and two wicker armchairs with red cloth cushions for superior people. From the packing-cases had emerged some Indian clubs, […], and all these articles […] made a scattered and untidy decoration that Mrs. Clough assiduously dusted and greatly cherished.
- (meteorology, of clouds) covering three eighths to four eighths of the sky.
- (meteorology, of precipitation) affecting 30 percent to 50 percent of a forecast zone.