Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɔɹkæst/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɔːkɑːst/
Audio (US) (file)
- To estimate how something will be in the future.
- to forecast the weather
- to forecast a storm
- (obsolete) To contrive or plan beforehand.
- If it happen as I did forecast.
estimate future conditions
forecast (plural forecasts)
- An estimation of a future condition.
- A prediction of the weather.
- What's the forecast for tomorrow?
- (gambling) Exacta.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (gambling): reverse forecast