Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: prédiction
- prædiction (archaic)
Learned borrowing from Latin praedictiō, praedictiōnis; equivalent to predict + -ion. Compare the Germanic equivalents forespeaking, foretale, foretelling.
prediction (plural predictions)
- A statement of what will happen in the future.
- Synonyms: forecast, foretale, foretelling, prevision, prognosis, prognostication
- (statistics) A probability estimation based on statistical methods.
a statement about the future
- English terms derived from Proto-Indo-European
- English terms derived from the Proto-Indo-European root *deyḱ-
- English terms borrowed from Latin
- English learned borrowings from Latin
- English terms derived from Latin
- English terms suffixed with -ion
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/ɪkʃən/2 syllables
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns