Jump to navigation Jump to search
scattering (plural scatterings)
- A small quantity of something occurring at irregular intervals and dispersed at random points,
- There will be a scattering of showers, with heavy rain in places.
- 2017 June 26, Alexis Petridis, “Glastonbury 2017 verdict: Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Lorde, Stormzy and more”, in the Guardian:
- There was something distinctly low-key, even wilfully alienating about the band’s performance. A scattering of OK Computer tracks were interspersed with more abstract latterday material – the clatter of 15 Step and Myxamatosis.
- (physics) The process whereby a beam of waves or particles is dispersed by collisions or similar interactions.