Jump to navigation Jump to search
- second- and third-person singular present indicative of schaffen
- (archaic) plural imperative of schaffen
- first-, second- and third-person singular present indicative of schaften
- imperative of schaften
- scæft, scaft, shaft, sschaft, scheft, sheft, shafft, schafft, chafte, saft, shaffet, schafte, shafte
schaft (plural schaftes)
- A weapon's shaft; the body of a polearm.
- A spear or similar weapon based around its shaft.
- A missile, projectile, or the shaft of one.
- The handle or pole of a bladed tool or implement.
- A flagstaff; a pole for a flag or banner.
- The central support, pillar, or beam of a tree; the trunk.
- (rare) A tunnel or passage (e.g. a mineshaft).
- (rare) A kind of balance or scale.
- (rare) The central pillar or beam of a candleholder.
- (rare) A ray or pillar of light.
- “shaft(e, n.(2).” in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 2019-08-29.
- Something that has been created (by a deity)
- A creature or animal (especially a certain species)
- The form or appearance of something; how something looks.
- A chemical building block or component; an element.
- (rare) The totality of the universe (viewed as a divine creation).
- (rare) One's primary sexual organs.