Jump to navigation Jump to search
schmear (plural schmears)
- A spread that goes on a bagel.
- A batch of things that go together.
- 1994, United States. Congress. Joint Economic Committee, Field Hearing: Defense Conversion: Hearing..., page 21:
- So you can buy a la carte programming, or you can buy the whole schmear.
- An aggregate.
- To spread something, often a bagel spread.
- (slang, transitive) To bribe.
- 1969, Morris Renek, Siam Miami, page 131:
- "What happened?"
"How could nothing happen if you're not with her? Listen, did you grease that d.j.?"
"You didn't schmear him? You think the world owes you a living?"
- 2003, Lawrence Block, Small Town, page 638:
- […] I slipped the guy a hundred dollars."
"You had to schmear him to sell you a patch?"