Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: sealegs
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic, nautical) The ability, when walking aboard a ship, to anticipate the motion of the deck so as to walk steadily without losing balance.
- (idiomatic) The ability to travel by ship without becoming seasick.
- (chiefly US, rare) Synonym of
- (idiomatic) The ability to partially or fully inhabit a marine environment.
- 2021, PBS Eons: When Crocs Thrived in the Seas:
- So, from the Jurassic Period to today, the problems that come with being secondarily aquatic seem to have had the same kinds of solutions. And what we've learned is that it's no easy task to get your sea legs. But once you do, it's smooth sailing.
ability to walk steadily aboard
ability not to become seasick
crab stick — see crab stick