sell like hot cakes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (intransitive, idiomatic) To be sold in large numbers quickly.
- During a power outage, candles sell like hot cakes.
- 1979, Robin Scott (lyrics and music), “Pop Muzik”:
- You're living in a disco / Forget about the rat race / Let's do the Milkshake / Selling like a hotcake
- 2005, G. Timothy Haight; Daniel Singer, The real estate investment handbook:
- These units will sell like hot cakes for $400000 apiece. Our cost will be $250000. It's a regular gold mine.
- 2009, John o'Groat Journal, 27 November, "Calendar boys get their tops off"
- CALENDARS featuring local men willing to get their kit off for charity are selling like hot cakes after hitting the market this week.
- 2012, Cosmo Knight, "The Day After the Great Trout Run"
- I sold 12 trout specials yesterday, they sold like hot cakes.