Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- The practice of having a succession of (especially short) monogamous relationships with different people.
- 1972, Carl R. Rogers, Becoming Partners: Marriage and its Alternatives, page 11:
- Living together without marriage, [...], serial monogamy (with one divorce after another), [...] — these are all gropings toward some new form of man-woman relationship for the future.
- 1993, Susan Moore & Doreen Rosenthal, Sexuality in Adolescence, page 127:
- For some adolescents, serial monogamy — or a succession of 'permanent' relationships — is the norm, confirming earlier findings with American adolescents reported by Sorensen (1973).
- 2008, "Sex and sensibility", The Economist, 1 Mar 2008:
- If serial monogamy is the norm, even if individuals have many partners over time, the virus is trapped within relationships and gets around slowly.
- 2011, The Guardian, 30 Mar 2011:
- Pawley was, of course, not the last man to suffer from Taylor's serial monogamy, with the Hollywood star marrying eight times in her life.