Jump to navigation Jump to search
sgoil f (genitive singular sgoile, nominative plural sgoileanna, sgoileacha or sgolta)
- Obsolete spelling of scoil
Declension of sgoil
Forms with the definite article
From Old Irish scol (compare Irish scoil), from Latin schola, from Ancient Greek σχολή (skholḗ).
sgoil f (genitive singular sgoile, plural sgoiltean)
- school, seminary
- a’ dol don sgoil ― going to school
- education, learning, knowledge
- A bheil sgoil aige?
- Is he educated? (literally "Has he education?")
- Chan eil sgoil agam air.
- I have no knowledge of it.
- science, literature
- Irish lemmas
- Irish nouns
- Irish feminine nouns
- Irish obsolete forms
- Irish second-declension nouns
- Scottish Gaelic terms inherited from Old Irish
- Scottish Gaelic terms derived from Old Irish
- Scottish Gaelic terms derived from Latin
- Scottish Gaelic terms derived from Ancient Greek
- Scottish Gaelic lemmas
- Scottish Gaelic nouns
- Scottish Gaelic feminine nouns
- Scottish Gaelic terms with usage examples