Jump to navigation Jump to search
- learnyng (obsolete)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈlɝnɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈlɜːnɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: learn‧ing
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)nɪŋ
- (uncountable) An act in which something is learned.
- (uncountable) Accumulated knowledge.
- The department head was also a scholar of great learning.
- (countable) Something that has been learned
- 2007 April 5, Stuart Elliott, “Online Experiment for Print Magazine”, in New York Times:
- “We’ll take the learnings and apply them to the rest of our business.”
- Countable sense “thing learned” often used in plural form learnings; see learnings: Usage notes for details.
action of the verb