Jump to navigation Jump to search
shero (plural sheroes)
- (feminism) A female hero.
- 2006 November 30, Dave Chappelle & Maya Angelou (Iconoclasts), season 2, episode 6, Maya Angelou (actor), via Sundance:
- Every human grouping, whether it's just two people, a family, people in the neighborhood, people in the city, in a nation, a tribe, a species; people live in direct relation to the heroes and the sheroes they have.
- 2010 April 1, Ana Maria Spagna, Test Ride on the Sunnyland Bus: A Daughter's Civil Rights Journey, University of Nebraska Press, →ISBN:
- He talks about how we must remember the unsung heroes and sheroes of the Talahassee boycott, of the movement in general, and finally, he wonders how C. K. Steele would be accepted here.
- 2012 August 17, Melena Ryzik, quoting Kate Conroy, “In New York, a Show of Solidarity for Russian Punk Band”, in New York Times:
- “They are nobodies. They could be silenced tomorrow. They are sheroes, to the world.”
shero m (plural shere)
- Anglicized form of