Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
shero (plural sheroes)
- (feminism) A female hero.
1998, Varla Ventura, Sheroes: Bold, Brash, and Absolutely Unabashed Superwomen from Susan B. Anthony to Xena, Conari Press, ISBN 9781573241281, OL 353280M:
- Packing estrogen and, not infrequently, a pen and a sword, sheroes come in every imaginable shape, size, and color, and manifest their sheroism in infinite ways.
2006 November 30, Maya Angelou, “Dave Chappelle & Maya Angelou”, Iconoclasts season 2 episode 6, Sundance:
- Every human grouping, whether it's just two people, a family, people in the neighborhood, people in the city, in a nation, a tribe, a species; people live in direct relation to the heroes and the sheroes they have.
2010 April 1, Ana Maria Spagna, Test Ride on the Sunnyland Bus: A Daughter's Civil Rights Journey, University of Nebraska Press, ISBN 9780803233928:
- He talks about how we must remember the unsung heroes and sheroes of the Talahassee boycott, of the movement in general, and finally, he wonders how C. K. Steele would be accepted here.
2012 August 17, Melena Ryzik quoting Kate Conroy, “In New York, a Show of Solidarity for Russian Punk Band”, New York Times:
- “They are nobodies. They could be silenced tomorrow. They are sheroes, to the world.”
shero m (plural shero)
- Hungarian: séró