Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Turkish şiş (“skewer”).
shish (not comparable)
- (cooking) On a skewer.
- 2013, Sophie McKenzie, The Medusa Project Collection:
- Ketty wanted one of those healthy kebabs, so we walked down to the kebab shop on Hanmore Park High Street. She ordered shish chicken and salad in a pitta.
shish (plural shishes)
- (chemistry) The spine of a shish kebab structure.
- Alternative spelling of ṣiṣ
- English terms derived from Turkish
- English 1-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/ɪʃ/1 syllable
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English uncomparable adjectives
- English terms with quotations
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- Kalasha lemmas
- Kalasha nouns