Jump to navigation Jump to search
showrunner (plural showrunners)
- (television) The person in overall charge of the production of a television series.
- 2007 November 3, Brooks Barnes, “With Resolution Unlikely, Writers Guild Sets Strike for Monday”, in New York Times:
- Those so-called showrunners, the thousand or so people who share both writing and managerial duties on television shows, have already been squeezed by conflicting demands from guild leaders and company employers.
- 2013, Bethany Rooney, Mary Lou Belli, Directors Tell the Story: Master the Craft of Television and Film Directing, →ISBN, page 66:
- The person at the apex of the production triangle is the showrunner: in short, the boss.
person in charge of a television series
showrunner m, f (plural showrunners or showrunner)