- 'shroom (especially in “mushroom” sense)
Clipping of mushroom
shroom (plural shrooms)
- (informal, rare) A mushroom.
2000, Karen Brooks et al., Dude Food: Recipes for the Modern Guy, Chronicle Books, →ISBN, page 83:
- These succulent little shrooms from pop culture scholar Lena Lencek will drive everyone back for seconds.
2003, Dave Hirschkop, Crazy from the heat: Dave’s insanity cookbook, Ten Speed Press, →ISBN, page 72:
- Shrooms—and I don’t mean the psychedelic kind—are one of those vegetables that you either love or hate.
2004, Jim Sterba, Frankie’s Place: A Love Story, Grove Press, →ISBN, page 172:
- To determine how much live protein may be occupying a shroom, try this test: […].
- (slang, usually in the plural) A magic mushroom: a hallucinogenic fungus.
shroom (third-person singular simple present shrooms, present participle shrooming, simple past and past participle shroomed)
- (intransitive, slang) To take magic mushrooms.