Jump to navigation Jump to search
Borrowed from Yiddish שטום (shtum, “mute, dumb, voiceless”), from Middle High German stum, from Old High German stum. Cognate with German stumm, Dutch stom, Swedish stum. Doublet of stum.
shtum (not comparable)
- Silent; speechless; dumb.
- English terms borrowed from Yiddish
- English terms derived from Yiddish
- English terms derived from Middle High German
- English terms derived from Old High German
- English doublets
- English 1-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/ʊm/1 syllable
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English uncomparable adjectives