- (rare) Tending to spray saliva when speaking.
- The sialoquent professor could not understand why his pupils would not sit in the front row of the lecture hall.
- 1999, Charles Harrington Elster, The Big Book of Beastly Mispronunciations: The Complete Opinionated Guide, Houghton Mifflin (1999), ISBN 0395893380, page 150:
- With a little practice it will become easy and natural, and you will leave the sialoquent* sayers of ek-SPLIK-uh-buul in the dust.
- 2001, Eric F. Fagan, Cast Your Net: A Step-By-Step Guide to Finding Your Soulmate on the Internet, Harvard Common Press (2001), ISBN 1558321896, page 210:
- In person your SMC may be boorish, charming, self-absorbed, humorous, gentle, sloppy, or even sialoquent ("spraying saliva while talking").
- 2007, Azfarul Islam, "'Alo, 'Alo, 'Alo, What's This?", Felix, 28 September 2007, page 34:
- "Stop killing me you [censored] noob!"
- The grand finale of a coveted franchise, millions of fans in the making and presumably more spent in marketing will have culminated in one siaoloquent outburst hissing through your standard issue Xbox Live headset.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:sialoquent.