Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Signorina
- A courtesy title for an unmarried woman of Italian origin.
- (US) maitake, hen of the woods (mushroom)
2013, Mary Curtis, Book Of Calories and Phytosterols In Foods, page 318:
- Signorina Mushroom is an alternative name for Grifola Frondosa, the Maitake Mushroom, which is popular among Italian-Americans in the northeastern United States.
courtesy title for an unmarried woman of Italian origin
signorina f (plural signorine)
- young lady
- (used to address a woman) miss, young lady (ladies is used for the plural)
Sì, signorina ― Yes, miss
No, signorine ― No, ladies
- (used as a salutation in a letter) Madam, Miss (followed by a name) (plural Mesdames)
Egregia Signorina ― Dear Madam
Egregia Signorina Rossi ― Dear Miss Rossi
Egregie Signorine ― Dear Mesdames