silent treatment (usually uncountable, plural silent treatments)
- A form of social sanction that consists of ignoring a particular individual, neither speaking to that person nor responding to his or her words.
- 1917, Jack London, "That Dead Men Rise Up Never" in The Human Drift and Other Stories:
- Finally we gave him the silent treatment, and for weeks before he died we neither spoke to him nor did he speak to us.
ignoring a particular individual
- Portuguese: please add this translation if you can
- Russian: please add this translation if you can
- Spanish: hacer el vacío