Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality or state of being sincere
- c. 1603–1604 (date written), William Shakespeare, “The Tragedie of Othello, the Moore of Venice”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies […] (First Folio), London: […] Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, →OCLC, [Act II, scene iii]:
- I protest, in the sincerity of love.
- c. 1779-1790, Vicesimus Knox, Essays Moral and Literary
- If the shew of any thing be good for any thing, I am sure sincerity is better
quality of being sincere