skinny drink of water
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Based on the earlier long drink of water.
- (US, slang) A person with a thin, gangly build.
- 2006, Ivan Bunin, Night of Denial: Stories and Novellas, →ISBN, page 226:
- Some skinny drink of water was raising the most sand of all, going at it whole-hog with one old man.
- 2011, Christopher Brookmyre, One Fine Day In The Middle Of The Night, →ISBN:
- At one point McGregor had coughed and the skinny drink of water involuntarily slid his chair back from the table.
- 2012, Helena Close, The Clever One, →ISBN:
- I thought earlier that a skinny drink of water like him would be unconscious after a load of shots but no such luck.