Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
smallgoods pl (plural only)
- (Australia, New Zealand, often attributive) Cooked, dried, cured and otherwise processed meat products, such as salami; manufactured meats. [from 19thC]
- He worked at a smallgoods manufacturer.
- 2000, Peter Cerexhe, John Ashton, Risky Foods, Safer Choices: Avoiding Food Poisoning, page 47,
- Some smallgoods are cooked to kill harmful micro-organisms, but cooking changes the taste and texture of the food.
- 2001, John Spriggs, Grant Isaac, Food Safety and International Competitiveness: The Case of Beef, page 112,
- The Garibaldi incident has also been credited with a change in culture among smallgoods manufacturers in Australia.
- 2010, CSIRO Food and Nutritional Sciences, Make It Safe: A Guide to Food Safety, page 124,
- The types of smallgoods discussed include uncooked and cooked fermented meats, cured meats and fish, and some specialty products such as pâté.