Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
snit (plural snits)
- A temper; a lack of patience; a bad mood.
- He's in a snit because he got passed over for promotion.
- 2013, Florida Ann Town, On the Rim (page 84)
- She was confused. Now that he had worked himself into a snit he'd be angry if she unmade the bed and did what he wanted.
- A U.S. unit of volume for liquor equal to 2 jiggers, 3 U.S. fluid ounces, or 88.7 milliliters.
- (US, dialect) A beer chaser commonly served in three-ounce servings in highball or juice glasses with a Bloody Mary cocktail in the upper midwest states of United States including Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, and Illinois.
- The bartender served us each a snit with our Bloody Marys this morning.