Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal) pompous; snobbish; inclined to turn up one's nose.
- 2018, Tim Graham, NewsBusters:
- He left out Town & Country, the magazine for snooty East Coast liberals.
- Sir Sydney was an arrogant, snooty, bigoted prig, so it was with some satisfaction that I wrote out his parking ticket.
- (informal) elite; exclusive.
- Her parties were snooty affairs; custom-designed cocktail dresses that cost more than a decent luxury car were de rigueur.
- See also Thesaurus:arrogant