Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for solicitude in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- The state of being solicitous; uneasiness of mind occasioned by fear of evil or desire for good; anxiety.
- A feeling of excessive concern.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- solicitude in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- solicitude in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- “solicitude” at OneLook Dictionary Search