Jump to navigation Jump to search
soupline (plural souplines)
- A line (queue) which disadvantaged people can join to receive free soup.
- 1944, Paul C Bussard, Catholic digest:
- Most picturesque of all these classifications is the soupline, where free meals are served at 6 AM, 11 AM, and 4 PM.
- 1986, Marjorie Hope, James Young, The Faces of Homelessness
- By the last half of the month, our soupline has grown longer and longer.
- 1988, Patrick G Coy, A Revolution of the Heart: essays on the Catholic worker:
- Verbal fights over missing clothing, a lost place in the soupline, an antagonistic glance from another guest, or just the need to blow off steam...