Jump to navigation Jump to search
- southwards, towards the south
- 1850, William Cullen Bryant, Letters of a Traveller:
- As we proceeded southwardly, the temperature grew milder, and the day closed with a calm and pleasant sunset.
- 1916, H. G. Wells, What is Coming?:
- The Scandinavian peoples have developed a tendency to an extra-European outlook, to look west and east rather than southwardly, to be pacifist and progressive in a manner essentially American.
- 2000 June 16, John G. Lyon, “The Solar Wind-Magnetosphere-Ionosphere System”, in Science, volume 288, number 5473, DOI:10.1126/science.288.5473.1987, pages 1987-1991:
- Dungey (7 ) first sketched the consequences for an interplanetary (solar wind) magnetic field (IMF) that was oppositely directed (southwardly) from the generally northward terrestrial field.