Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 'specially
specially (not comparable)
- For a special purpose.
- We had this cake made specially for your birthday.
- (proscribed) extremely
- She's specially good at running.
- (proscribed) in particular
- I love all animals, specially cute furry ones.
- Senses 2 and 3 are non-standard; in such cases, especially is far more common, and considered correct.
- (for a special purpose):
- (extremely): exceedingly, passing, quite; see also Thesaurus:very
- (in particular): see also Thesaurus:specifically
for a special purpose