Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
spirituality (plural spiritualities)
- The quality or state of being spiritual.
- a pleasure made for the soul, suitable to its spirituality
- Sir Walter Raleigh
- If this light be not spiritual, yet it approacheth nearest to spirituality.
- Much of our spirituality and comfort in public worship depends on the state of mind in which we come.
- Concern for that which is unseen and intangible, as opposed to physical or mundane.
- Appreciation for religious values.
- (obsolete) That which belongs to the church, or to a person as an ecclesiastic, or to religion, as distinct from temporalities.
- During the vacancy of a see, the archbishop is guardian of the spiritualities thereof.
- (obsolete) An ecclesiastical body; the whole body of the clergy, as distinct from, or opposed to, the temporality.
- Five entire subsidies were granted to the king by the spirituality.
concern for what is unseen and intangible
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.