Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: spoil-sport
- spoil-sport (dated)
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈspɔɪl.spɔːt/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈspɔɪl.spɔɹt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)t
spoilsport (plural spoilsports)
- Someone who puts an end to others' fun, especially harmless fun.
- Like a spoilsport.
- 2019 September 10, Phil McNulty, “'England horribly fallible in defence' against Kosovo in Euro 2020 qualifying”, in BBC Sport:
- It may seem somewhat spoilsport to focus in on this negative after another important victory but to ignore it would be delusion. Southgate will not be letting it escape his attention.
someone who puts an end to harmless fun