Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
spookmaster (plural spookmasters)
- (slang) A spymaster.
- 1990, Carol Squiers, The Critical Image:
- […] the jocular antics of a Hollywood-trained Ronald Reagan during photo ops were let down by the duller visuals provided by a former CIA spookmaster.
- 2000, Gerald Nachman, Raised on Radio:
- The original series, which premiered in 1934 and didn't switch the lights back on until 1939, was the brainchild of a near-forgotten spookmaster […]
- 2007, Charles Stross, Halting State
- Jack glances at you sidelong while the middle-aged spookmaster is fumbling to articulate whatever it is he's got stuck in his mind.