Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (sometimes figuratively) The place where a journey starts.
- King's Cross Station proved to be the starting point of a journey that took me around the world.
- The first steps when commencing an activity.
- Examining the data and facts will be a good starting point.
- 2012 March-April, Terrence J. Sejnowski, “Well-connected Brains”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 171:
- Creating a complete map of the human connectome would therefore be a monumental milestone but not the end of the journey to understanding how our brains work. The achievement will transform neuroscience and serve as the starting point for asking questions we could not otherwise have answered, […].
place where a journey starts
first steps when commencing an activity