Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A place where a journey starts.
- King's Cross Station proved to be the starting point of a journey that took me around the world.
- A subject matter to use to commence an activity.
2012 March-April, Terrence J. Sejnowski, “Well-connected Brains”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 171:
- Creating a complete map of the human connectome would therefore be a monumental milestone but not the end of the journey to understanding how our brains work. The achievement will transform neuroscience and serve as the starting point for asking questions we could not otherwise have answered, […].
- To examine some of the data and facts is a good starting point.
place where a journey starts
subject matter to commence an activity