Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: steam roller
steamroller (plural steamrollers)
- (historical) A steam-powered heavy road roller.
- (by extension, informal) Any heavy road roller.
- (figurative) Any seemingly irresistible force.
- 1970, James Taylor (lyrics and music), “Steamroller Blues”:
- Well, I'm a steamroller, babe / I'm bound to roll all over you
- (slang) A pipe, used for smoking cannabis, open at both ends and having a bowl near one end; it rolls the smoke (steam).
steam-powered road roller
road roller — see road roller
steamroller (third-person singular simple present steamrollers, present participle steamrollering, simple past and past participle steamrollered)
- To level a road using a steamroller.
- Synonym: steamroll
- To proceed ruthlessly against all opposition as if with an overwhelming force.
to level with a steamroller
to proceed ruthlessly
- steamroller on Wikipedia.Wikipedia