Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being strange, odd or weird.
- (countable) The product or result of being strange.
- (particle physics) One of the quantum numbers of subatomic particles, depending upon the relative number of strange quarks and anti-strange quarks.
- Coordinate term: charm
- 2020, James E. Dodd; Ben Gripaios, The Ideas of Particle Physics, Cambridge University Press, →ISBN, page 173:
- Mesons which combine the charmed quark with the up or down antiquarks are denoted the D mesons. These mesons carry explicit charm (i.e. have a non-zero charm quantum number), just as the K mesons carry strangeness.
(uncountable) quality of being strange
(countable) result of being strange
quantum number of subatomic particles