Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (marketing) A marketing team that operates in less structured settings to promote a product or brand.
2000, William Shaw, Westside: Young Men and Hip Hop in L.A., page 35:
- Companies can check the effectiveness of a street team by watching sales in the team's neighborhood. The team that doesn't get results won't get work.
2005, Donny Deutsch, Often Wrong, Never in Doubt: Unleash the Business Rebel Within, page 157:
- Urban brands are hiring what they call "street teams" to go into ethnic communities, where there is a vital market, and target the underprivileged.
- 2008, Annie Zaleski, "Resolution No. '09", Riverfront Times, volume 33, number 1, January 1–7, 2009, page 37,
- Get a street team who can handle online promotion and flyering.