Abbreviation of structure, used as a keyword in the C programming language and its descendants.
struct (plural structs)
- (computing, programming) A data structure, especially one that serves to group a number of fields (in contrast to an object-oriented class with methods) or one that is passed by value rather than by reference.
2005, Christian Nagel, Bill Evjen, Jay Glynn, Karli Watson, Morgan Skinner, Allen Jones, Professional C# 2005, John Wiley & Sons, →ISBN, page 103:
Note that because structs are value types, the new operator does not work in the same way as it does for classes and other reference types.
2015, Michael Dippery, Professional Swift, John Wiley & Sons, →ISBN, page 62:
Like most object-oriented languages, including Objective-C, Swift supports two basic object-oriented data structures: classes and structs.
- Mandarin: please add this translation if you can
- Finnish: tietue (fi)
- French: please add this translation if you can
- German: Struktur (de) f, Verbund (de) m
- Japanese: please add this translation if you can
- Russian: please add this translation if you can