Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) A hindrance, obstacle or impediment; an opportunity for error.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:hindrance
- Idioms are a common stumbling block for learners of a language.
- ^ The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), London: […] Robert Barker, […], 1611, →OCLC, Romans 14:13: “Let vs not therefore iudge one another any more: but iudge this rather, that no man put a stumbling blocke, or an occasion to fall in his brothers way.”.
- ^ The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), London: […] Robert Barker, […], 1611, →OCLC, 1 Corinthians 8:9: “But take heed lest by any meanes, this libertie of yours become a stumbling blocke to them that are weake.”.