Jump to navigation Jump to search
sublinear (not comparable)
- Placed below a line of text.
- (botany) Almost but not quite linear in shape.
- (mathematics) Describing a function that grows more slowly than a linear one.
- 2009 January 15, Christian Knigge, Nathan Leigh, Alison Sills, “A binary origin for ‘blue stragglers’ in globular clusters”, in Nature, volume 457, number 7227, →DOI:
- The sublinear dependence of blue straggler number on core mass is interesting.
sublinear (strong nominative masculine singular sublinearer, not comparable)